eTalentShowcase Announces Top Comic 2013 Contest—Best Stand-up Comedy Clip
As more and more comedians look to break-out and reach the masses, the talent site announces a contest to find the best stand-up comedy performance videos in the industry. Winning video to receive a blast of online promotion and consultation with industry VIPs.
New York, NY (PRWEB) August 30, 2013
Comedians can perform spectacular routines that have audiences laughing and wanting more. But many of theses performances are never seen and lesser-known comedians never get the exposure they deserve.eTalentShowcase.com is out to make sure those videos garner the attention they deserve with a new contest.
The comedy circuit has never been so crowded with various comedians competing to be seen. Getting a great stand-up clip in front of a large base of comedy lovers is difficult. To help these emerging comedians reach a broader base, eTalentShowcase.com, the premier online talent site, is hosting its annual Top Comic Contest. The Contest kicks off September 15th and will be open for submissions until October 11th.
Ten finalists will be selected by eTalentShowcase.com judges and the voting will then be open to the fans on the talent site’s Facebook page. The top three vote-getters will have their videos sent to our panel of Comedy Industry Experts for a careful review and ultimate choice of winner. All finalists stand to gain exposure to thousands of eTalentShowcase members, as well as industry talent agents. And the winning video will receive a suite of prizes designed to capture the attention of fans and industry VIPs. The package includes:
- A private consultation with Legendary Comedy Club Owner Al Martin (Broadway Comedy Club and New York Comedy Club).
- Video to be shared on the Facebook Page of The Asbury Park Comedy Festival.
- Video to be shared on the Facebook Page of theNick Clemons Band (Judge).
- Video to be shared on the Facebook Page of Top Comedian Mike Marino.
- Social media and online promotion: The winning video will be featured on eTalent’s Youtube Channel as the featured video for one month. It will also be featured on the site’s home page, plus eTalentShowcase.com will share and promote the winning video across all social media platforms.
- Press release announcing the winner and a feature profile on eTalentShowcase.com’s homepage.
- An evaluation from another unnamed Comedy Industry Insider.
“Last year’s contest introduced our members to some absolutely incredible comedians that are still followed by many of us today. Some great comedians never get the attention they deserve,” says Ed Olimpio, vice president of marketing. “This is a wonderful opportunity to help those up-and-coming comedians get their performance videos in front of larger audiences and in the face of industry VIPs. We hear it all the time from comedians, ‘can eTalentShowcase help us get more people to see our video performances and when will you have your next comedy contest’”. “After numerous requests we decided to follow up on last year's popular contest with one for 2013.”